Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cuttin a tree

For the past few years we've gone up to Colorado, after thanksgiving, to the the cabin and while there cut down a Christmas tree. This year we weren't able to make it and because I was bumbed we had to miss out, I insisted that we make the trek to cut one down right here at home. We drove to the Jemes mountains despite Mikes skepticism and had a wonderful time walking through the snow to find the perfect tree. It didn't take long and the kids loved it. I think that Mike was suprised at the success of the trip and really I admit everything worked out in our favor. 1.) about a 30 min. drive to our destination 2.) Had all the right snow gear 3.) Just enough snow to make snow ball but not enough to get stuck 4.) Plenty of snacks and a remembered potty chair 5.) Three exhausted babies all the way home. I think we'll try it again next year.

Can't keep a hat on him


He smiles like his mama


Sweet Olive


Mike with our fast but perfect find





No comments: